Rebel Breath Certificate (RB110)
Do not seek illumination unless you seek it as one whose hair is on fire seeks a pond.
-Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
The Rebel Breath Certificate presents a synthesis of both personal and professional breath-centered resilience building practices within a 40 hours program executed both online and in person. With breath as a central fixture, this course will equip students with tools, resources, and practices that will strengthen one's grounding in any discipline, notably those that deal with vulnerable persons and communities.
RB110 Course Description
The Rebel Breath Core Certificate is comprised of:
- 16 hours of preparation into the core tenets of Rebel Breath and personal portfolio work.
- 16 hours of in-person collaboration and learning.
- 8 hours online to consolidate and remain connected to the group.
Upon successful completion of this material, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Successful Completion, more about which you can read here
This Certificte moves to assist each of us in expressing our own authentic wisdom and voice, then practice using both to share and teach breath-centered resilience practices with any audience, with special attention to serving vulnerable populations.
We will practice self-awareness, timing and cueing, collaboration, word choice, within the framework of Rebel Breath's core teachings. Safety we return to from multiple perspectives over and over again.
- engage in meaningful discussion on topics such as brilliance, self-inquiry, safety, lineage, strength, celebration, and resilience
- expand professional and personal portfolios in this field
- have a clearer understanding of individual and collective strength, opportunity, and challenges as they pertain to our self and service
- contribute to building community
- have an expanded toolbox of strategies and skills for sharing breath-centered resilience practices with any audience
Course and Training Features
Both components of the Core Certification focus on developing authentic voice and leadership skills so as to better become a leader in personal and professional communities.
Our online component explores this through:
- the Read, Respond, Reflect, Record, and Revise model, a discursive platform of sharing voice and wisdom.
- exploration into literature and materials picked with hands and minds backed by 20+ years of experience in the field.
Our in-person training components explores safe ways to share breathing with people going through huge challenge due to trauma or circumstance, which often overlap. It involves practicing together throughout the workshop, and in developing language for assessing our own sharing, as well as that of our classmates.
Role play, needs analyses, scenario planning, sustaibability and more are all explore in safe, "hands-on" ways; of course, people are free to engage w/ hte material in whatever way suits them. We honour every person's individual journey.
About the Trainers
Both Dani and Mark have taught this material scores of times, in many diverse places. No matter the audience, common themes are addressed first, then local needs and on the ground skills flesh out the offerings we co-develop, offering of sharing the practices of breathing well.